Trade Talk: Smart Grid - Linking U.S. Businesses to Global Smart Grid Opportunities
Date: February 28, 2014
Time: 12:30-5:00 PM EST
Location: USTDA Business Center (1000 Wilson Blvd, Suite 1500, Arlington, VA)
On February 28, 2014, the U.S. Trade and Development Agency hosted "Trade Talk: Smart Grid," the first in a series of sector-specific Trade Talks at USTDA's headquarters in Arlington, VA. Over 150 participants attended in person or via webinar to learn more about USTDA's efforts to support grid modernization efforts in developing and middle-income countries. U.S. industry representatives shared firsthand experience of working with USTDA and other government agencies to secure sales in emerging markets, including China, India, Turkey, Mexico and Colombia. The following is a list of key issues and recommendations given during the final panel of the event, "Next Steps & Ideas on Further U.S. Government Support for the U.S. Smart Grid Industry." | Learn More
Presentation slides and audio from the event are linked below.
Related News: USTDA's Smart Grid Month
View Presentations | Agenda
Panel 1: Technical, Regulatory & Commercial Challenges & Prospects in the Global Smart Grid Market
- U.S. Trade & Development Agency Opening Remarks - The Honorable Leocadia I. Zak, Director, USTDA
- USTDA in the Smart Grid Sector - Verinda Fike, Electricity Transmission & Distribution Team Leader, USTDA
- Applications and Impacts of Smart Grid Investment Grants in the United States - Dan Ton, Program Manager of Smart Grid R&D, U.S. Department of Energy
- Accelerating the Smart Grid Globally - Patrick Gannon, President, Smart Grid Interoperability Panel
- Global Smart Grid Market Trends and U.S. Government Support for Exporters - Drew Bennett, International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce
Panel 2: U.S. Company Case Studies: Leveraging U.S. Government Support to Enhance Smart Grid Opportunities Overseas
Download the latest version of Adobe Reader here.