Background: Platinum Power, a Power Africa partner, has pre-qualified a total of 7 consortia for the design and build of one of their hydropower projects in Cameroon, the Makay Hydroelectric project. This project has an expected installed capacity of 365 MW and is located on the Nyong River, in the Nyong-et-Kelle Department, Central region of the Republic of Cameroon. The following candidates have been prequalified:
- Acciona Construction / Acciona Industrial / Cooperativa Muratori Cementisti Ravenna;
- Andrade Gutierrez Engenharia S.A / Andrade Gutierrez Europa, Africa, Asia S.A / Construtora Barbosa Mello SA;
- China Ghezouba Group Company / China Energy Engineering Corporation;
- China State Construction Engineering Corporation / Pearl River Planning Surveying & Designing Company;
- Mota Engil Africa
- NGE Contracting / Besix / SGTM;
- Sinohydro / Power China.
This project represents several opportunities for U.S. companies to join any of the selected consortia, in preparation of the upcoming international tender.
Link for more information: Click Here
Proposal Deadline: No deadline has been posted yet, but the listed consortia will be invited to bid on the final tender, scheduled for launch in the coming weeks.
Point of Contact:
All questions should be directed to:
Ms. Thanae Bennani
Phone: +212 (0) 661 41 7826
This trade lead is provided courtesy of Power Africa. To receive more information on tender and procurement opportunities in the power generation space in sub-Saharan Africa, please sign up for Power Africa's newsletter here. Because this is not a USTDA coordinated/funded procurement, please direct all questions on this project to the contact listed above.